Top tips for getting the most out of attending Bioscience Careers Day
Bioscience Careers Day is the perfect place to start thinking about your next steps after you graduate.
Preparing for the event
Bioscience Careers Day will put you in touch with learned societies, bioscience employers and research and development companies from across the UK. Make the most of the day by:
- Researching the speakers and exhibitors ahead of time to see which ones operate in your area of interest
- Bringing copies of your most up-to-date CV that mentions you are studying, or have graduated from, a Royal Society of Biology accredited degree
- Dressing smartly to make a good first impression
Not sure what to ask?
The event is an opportunity to network with employers and those is different bioscience careers. Get the conversation going with some of the following questions:
- How can I make my application stand out?
- What support and training opportunities does your organisation offer?
- Why is Society membership worthwhile for students?
- What do you look for in a student or graduate employee?
- Can you tell me about your role and what attracted you to it?
- What work experience do you expect your graduates to have?
- What was your first job after you graduated?
We have loads of great resources, tips, and practical advice on our website about job hunting, making applications and planning your career. Our resources are designed to help you as progress through university and beyond, whether you choose to enter employment or postgraduate education.
Mock interviews and speed networking
Sign up on the day for one of the few remaining time slots to practice your interview technique in front of industry professionals and quiz those different fields during speed networking.
Stay in touch
Hear from other students, speakers and exhibitors and keep up to date with what’s going on at the event #RSBcareersday