About the careers day
Find out about the variety of careers open to bioscience students at the annual Royal Society of Biology Bioscience Careers Day (BCD).
- Talks from industry professionals about the variety of careers available to bioscience graduates
- Skills workshops aimed at giving bioscience students the chance to learn more about essential skills from CV writing tips and tricks to where to find further study after a degree
- A chance to ask questions to representatives from learned societies and top organisations
A programme is available to view on the BCD website. We've previously had talks on careers in industry, science communication, publishing, academia, ecology, patent law, teaching and more at past events. Download top presentations from past events. What career would you like to know more about? Get in touch with the events team at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet us at @RoyalSocBio using #RSBCareersDay.
Please note: the workshops are now fully booked. If you have an questions, or would like to change your booking, please email email@example.com
We will be running a series of workshops as part of the event, facilitated by representative from Universities, learned societies and industry professionals. These will take place in breakout rooms within Zoom, and will give attendees the opportunity to ask more general questions and discuss ideas related to the below topics:
- Tuesday 5th March - CV and application tips and tricks
- Wednesday 6th March - Next steps: where to find further study after a degree
- Thursday 7th March - What you've got and how to show it: Useful transferrable skills for the alternative careers job market
For more information on workshop facilitators, please visit the speakers page of the website.
Who can attend
If you would like to get involved in BCD and showcase the opportunities your company can offer to bioscience graduates, please visit our Sponsors and Supporters page to view our sponsorship packages.
RSB members - £5
Member of a Careers Committee organisation (see below) - £5
Non-member - £10
Bookings and bulk bookings
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Over 10 working days before the event = 100% refund less 25% administration fee
Between 5 and 10 working days before the event = 50% refund less 25% administration fee
Less than 5 working days before the event = 0% refund
For more information, please visit the terms and conditions on our website.